Kate is a generic, lightweight editor for KDE desktop environment.
- Edit all kinds of text files even I they are BIG (i.e. open a 50MB file in a few seconds).
- Powerful syntax highlighting engine, extensible via xml files.
- Dynamic Word Wrap - long lines are wrapped at the window border on the fly for better overview.
- Multiple views allows you to view more instances of the same document and/or more documents at one time.
- User can choose the encoding he wants for each file at save/open dialog.
- Sidebars displays a list of open documents, a directory viewer with a directory chooser, a filter chooser and more.
- A plugin interface to allow third party plugins.
- A "Filter" command allows you to run selected text through a shell command.
- Global grep dialog
- Automatic indentation
- Commenting and uncommenting HMTL blocks
For more information:
Last modified: Wed May 14 18:32:23 EEST 2003