From: magi AT iki PISTE fi (Marko Grönroos)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,talk.origins
Subject: Re: Creationism in which countries?
Date: 14 Jan 2001 06:56:59 -0500

clfranck AT my-deja.com writes:
> In most Western countries, people who believe in a literal
> interpretation of Genesis (YEC) generally aren't considered
> capable enough to be trusted with any really important
> decision making.

If a demented fundamentalist cowboy actor has been trusted with
presidency, can we really say that capability is such a strong
criteria in politics?

--
-- Marko Grönroos, magi AT iki PISTE fi (http://www.iki.fi/magi/)
-- Paradoxes are the source of truth and the end of wisdom

From: magi AT iki PISTE fi (Marko Grönroos)
Newsgroups: alt.atheism,talk.origins
Date: 16 Jan 2001 09:02:04 -0500

Roger Schlafly <roger_95073 AT my-dejanews.com> writes:

> Yes, but the word "demented" would only be used for an advanced
> case of dementia.

If that is so, sorry about that horrible mistake. I'm not a medical
doctor and I couldn't find a more descriptive word to describe his
famous "memory problems".

You people seem to be able to build a long debate from a simple and
irrelevant sentence. Perhaps Saddam would have been a better choise,
at least fewer people would have complained (although I could have
received a nicely packaged bomb in mail). But he wasn't a cowboy
actor, which I find kind of funny. I guess there's plenty of examples
of incompetent people in the world of politics.

John Sheridan for president!

--
-- Marko Grönroos, magi<at>iki.fi (http://www.iki.fi/magi/)
-- (replace <at> with @)

Edellinen säie: The Rate of Genetic Mutation
Seuraava säie: ONE PROOF OF EVOLUTION
[Muut säikeet] [Muut uutisryhmät]