From: magi AT iki PISTE fi (Marko Grönroos)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Subject: Re: Evolution and Information Theory
Date: 6 Nov 2000 13:26:20 -0500

dene_bebbo AT my-deja.com writes:
> William Dembski in his book "Intelligent Design" says that Darwinian
> evolution is incompatible with Information Theory - specifically the
> law of conservation of information.

I'm not too familiar with information theory, but I've read a little
about it. Could you please explain the "law of conservation of
information", which you say Dembski refers to, because I haven't seen
that concept mentioned in any books on information theory that I've
read.

Some of Dembski's ideas were discussed just recently in
talk.origins. You might want to use Deja.com and take a look at the
"Information smokescreen" thread, for example.

--
-- Marko Grönroos, magi AT iki PISTE fi (http://www.iki.fi/magi/)
-- Paradoxes are the source of truth and the end of wisdom

From: magi AT iki PISTE fi (Marko Grönroos)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: 6 Nov 2000 13:26:20 -0500

From: magi AT iki PISTE fi (Marko Grönroos)
Newsgroups: talk.origins
Date: 6 Nov 2000 19:22:14 -0500

mturner AT snipthis PISTE acpub PISTE duke PISTE edu (mel turner) writes:
> Well, each new piece of evolutionist information does seem to
> automatically generate a balancing surge in antievolutionist
> disinformation...

Should we officially name this the "Turner's Law Of Preservation Of
Disinformation"? ;-)

--
-- Marko Grönroos, magi AT iki PISTE fi (http://www.iki.fi/magi/)
-- Paradoxes are the source of truth and the end of wisdom

Edellinen säie: Demise of Intelligent Design -- from creationevolutiondebate@egroups.com
Seuraava säie: _Icons of Evolution_ - Chapter 1: Introduction
[Muut säikeet] [Muut uutisryhmät]