From: magi AT iki PISTE fi (Marko Grönroos)
Newsgroups: sfnet.keskustelu.evoluutio
Subject: Re: Viikon 33.2002 linkit
Date: 15 Aug 2002 21:01:36 +0300

"_thinker_" <nospamforme AT microsoft PISTE com> writes:
> "6. PEPPERED MOTHS. Why do textbooks use pictures of peppered moths
> camouflaged on tree trunks as evidence for natural selection -- when
> biologists have known since the 1980s that the moths don't normally rest on
> tree trunks, and all the pictures have been staged?"
>
> Miten niistä olisi saatu kuvia ellei niitä olisi kiinnitetty puunrunkoon,
> sillä kyseiset otukset eivät nimenomaan jää lepäilemään puunrunkoihin. Itse
> kuvathan ei ole todiste luonnonvalinnasta.

6. WOODEN JESUS. Why do Christian churches use wooden statues of Jesus
nailed to a tree hanging from a wall or roof -- when Christians have
believed since 30s (and I'm not talking about 1930s) that their saviour was
not made of wood and did not hang from a wall or roof.

Icons of Evolution, indeed, not to mention real icons, you know, the
Russian ones.

--
-- Marko Grönroos, magi<at>iki.fi (http://www.iki.fi/magi/)
-- Software Architect, among a few other unimportant things

Edellinen säie: Neandertali
Seuraava säie: 2 Monkeys
[Muut säikeet] [Muut uutisryhmät]