From: magi AT iki PISTE fi (Marko Grönroos)
Newsgroups: comp.ai.genetic
Subject: Definitions of genome and genotype
Date: 27 Apr 1998 14:04:25 +0000

Could someone please explain these words (genome,genotype) and their
exact difference to a hopelessly conceptually blind person. Both in
biological, and in EA context. I have seen some definitions, but they
are never very exact, and the words seem (to me) to be used almost
like synonyms sometimes. The definitions are usually also given from
the biological viewpoint, so I'm not sure how they work in EAs. Bäck
gave some definitions in his -97 EA book, but it didn't really satisfy
me. For example, should I call my GA's genetic data structures genomes
or genotypes...?

Thank you.

-- Marko Grönroos, magi AT iki PISTE fi (http://www.iki.fi/~magi/)

Edellinen säie: Quake Genetics Project!