From: magi AT magi PISTE yok PISTE utu PISTE fi (Marko Gronroos)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.wicca
Subject: Re: Goddess and God
Date: 12 Nov 1996 05:01:29 +0200

"Jason Montgomery" <aiel AT hotmail PISTE com> writes:
> I have been a Solitary Wiccan for the past six years, and would like some
> input on the aspects of the God, and Goddess. I have come to my conclusion
> that there is one creative force, and that the Goddess and God represent
> different aspects of the same force.

Universe consists of two "principles". The void (chaotic empty space)
and energy. The energy manifests in the void as matter,
electromagnetic waves, potential energy, etc.etc.etc. But empty space
wouldn't exist without the matter (or energy, to be exact). So their
existence depends totally on each other. Their combination is what we
call the Universe. These principles we call the God and the Goddess,
or Yang and Yin. They are "conscious" as much as the Universe is, but
not without each other. We humans give our contribution to the
consciousness of the Universe. The both principles manifest in all
"lower" aspects of nature too. In Man and Woman, in Fire and Water, in
Wind and Earth, in Good and Evil, In writing articles and not writing.
      The "earthly" gods (Apollo, Cernunnos, Zeus, Jesus) and goddesses
(Diana, Cerridwen, Brigid, Maria) are something else then, since they
have other attributes too. Maybe they are some other lifeforms that
live in our universe or just creations of our minds (objective or
subjective). I don't know. But they are very real at least as abstractions.
      To answer your conclusion, I'd say that only the God can create, but
he can't do it without the Goddess... But all forms of energy contain
the both principles and all forms of void too. For example, matter
(did you know that in Latin 'mother' is 'mater' and 'matter' is
'materia') is female, but it consists of the yang principle
manifesting in yan. The Sun's energy gives the matter on Earth order
to become complex molecules and even more complex structures, the life
on Earth. But women can create, right? That's because they are called
"women" just because they are female in sexual respect. In other
respects they are mostly harmonic and whole, and therefore can use
both of their principles, just as matter can be changed to light in
nuclear plant (maybe not a very good analogy).

> Since all things were derived from
> this force, we can tap into, and affect the world in which we live. We tap
> into this power with the help of the God, and Goddess by the different ways
> in which we associate powers with them.

I just realised something... To attain harmony within yourself, you
should be both male and female. But to get a harmonic relationship
with a woman, you should call for the God (male principle) to give you
attractive polarity. What do I want? To be harmonic human or a male? Outch.

> They act as a bridge for us to
> travel into the creative force, and bring about change.

Hmm.. Or they just act as a bridge to the Universe. By calling them
you can make change. The 'travel' is just affecting things to make the
change. So to get your location changed to for example London, you
have to walk there or go by plain. The Gods just show you the best way
(or some way).

(these all are just my thoughts).

May the Gods be with you.
--
----
-- Marko Grönroos, magi AT utu PISTE fi (http://www.utu.fi/~magi/), magi AT nic PISTE funet PISTE fi

Edellinen säie: What is best time at Samhain?
[Muut säikeet] [Muut uutisryhmät]