From: magi AT magi PISTE yok PISTE utu PISTE fi (Marko Gronroos)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.wicca
Subject: Rituals and rain
Date: 30 Oct 1996 00:17:11 +0200

Does anyone know any good tricks to keep your candles dry during an
outdoors ritual when it's raining? Samhain is coming and it's been
rainy lately... (I might try to find a BIG oak or something, but most
oaks here are in city parks...)

--
----
-- Marko Grönroos, magi AT utu PISTE fi (http://www.utu.fi/~magi/), magi AT nic PISTE funet PISTE fi

From: magi AT magi PISTE yok PISTE utu PISTE fi (Marko Gronroos)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.wicca
Subject: Re: Rituals and rain
Date: 01 Nov 1996 00:41:52 +0200

kitty AT zebu PISTE epi PISTE uci PISTE edu (Kitty Rowley) writes:
> > Marko Gronroos wrote:
> >> rainy lately... (I might try to find a BIG oak or something, but most
> >> oaks here are in city parks...)
> Having just watched the NOVA special on lightening last night, I would
> remind you that a big tree is NOT the safest place during a rain storm.
> Be careful out there!

But, but... Just think how much POWER I could get that way!!!! 8-)
Another great way to get power might be to make the rituals under powerlines.

Ps. It didn't rain. Actually the sky was star clear. The Goddess
was really beautiful tonight... ...but with clear sky the temperature
dropped... and MY HOLY WATER FROZE!

So, can you recommend any good anti-freezer for holy water?

May the Gods be with you.
--
----

From: magi AT magi PISTE yok PISTE utu PISTE fi (Marko Gronroos)
Newsgroups: alt.religion.wicca
Date: 10 Nov 1996 06:20:05 +0200

loki AT inlink PISTE com (loki) writes:
> >> Ps. It didn't rain. Actually the sky was star clear. The Goddess
> >> was really beautiful tonight... ...but with clear sky the temperature
> >> dropped... and MY HOLY WATER FROZE!
> >> So, can you recommend any good anti-freezer for holy water?
> > I saw a commercial on cable for the Sierra Club's new anti-freeze. It's
> That's been around for a few years now I think. I've used something called
> Sierra that's non-toxic to animals for about 2 years now. It's more expensive

This question wasn't supposed to be taken very seriously, but... b-)

> Alcohol (vodka???) would probably work. How cold did it get? I've lived
> where it's been -30F before and that's not something to be out in anyway.
> (NO, that was NOT wind chill, that was actual air temp.) Anything down to 0F
> is not too bad though.

Yeah, Vodka or Whiskey, which both in their native language mean
'water'.. 8-}
      Some druids, especially the ADF people (who's material I use a lot),
use in their rituals Whiskey too. But, actually the water freezing was
kind of fun, so maybe I'll use plain water later too..
      It got to some -5C (23F), I think, so not much below freezing
point. It was really "lucky" though, since the weeks before and after
it were about continuous rain. But... Water and ice and clear night
and Moon are all beautiful symbols of the Goddess.

May the Gods be with you.

--
----
-- Marko Grönroos, magi AT utu PISTE fi (http://www.utu.fi/~magi/), magi AT nic PISTE funet PISTE fi

Edellinen säie: Scientific Evidence for Astrology
Seuraava säie: The God and the Goddess (Re: God is Female)
[Muut säikeet] [Muut uutisryhmät]