From: magi AT magi PISTE yok PISTE utu PISTE fi (Marko Gronroos)
Newsgroups: alt.astrology,alt.religion.shamanism,alt.paranormal,alt.pagan.magick,alt.religion.wicca,alt.pagan,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.paranet.psi
Subject: Re: Scientific Evidence for Astrology
Date: 29 Oct 1996 16:10:32 +0200

>suggest that several people post their birthdates, etc? You should

Many kinds of experiments have been conducted on the subject. None of
them have shown any correlation. There's one excellent book in Finnish
called Devil's Defence Counselor (or something like that in
English). I'm sure that there are lots of books on this subject in
English as well. I'd suggest reading existing books before making your
own research... So far astrology has not been proven by any tests. If
you want to see this with your own eyes, sure you can make any tests
you wish...
--
----
-- Marko Grönroos, magi AT utu PISTE fi (http://www.utu.fi/~magi/), magi AT nic PISTE funet PISTE fi

From: magi AT magi PISTE yok PISTE utu PISTE fi (Marko Gronroos)
Newsgroups: alt.astrology,alt.religion.shamanism,alt.paranormal,alt.pagan.magick,alt.religion.wicca,alt.pagan,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.paranet.psi
Date: 10 Nov 1996 05:59:39 +0200

In lness AT indiana PISTE edu (Lester John Ness) writes:

> Astrology is a religion.

I wouldn't use that term.
      - It doesn't have gods
      - There aren't any prayers
      - It doesn't promise anything after death
      - It's just a more or less mechanical technique to get knowledge

So it's supposed to be just like a tv weather forecast. Not much
else. I'd call it pseudoscience, with a heavy dress on the word PSEUDO.

--
----
-- Marko Grönroos, magi AT utu PISTE fi (http://www.utu.fi/~magi/), magi AT nic PISTE funet PISTE fi

Seuraava säie: Rituals and rain