From: Marko Gronroos <magi AT magi PISTE yok PISTE utu PISTE fi>
Newsgroups: alt.religion.goddess
Subject: Re: Help!!! I'm at my wits end
Date: 19 Nov 1996 21:16:57 +0200

bchan AT mindspring PISTE com (Bonnie Zabytko) writes:

> My cousin is a practicing witch. I have been going nuts trying to
> find a pendant made of wood in the shape of a pentagram or pentacle
> for her Yule gift... Please help if you can... Save my children from
> having their mother commited from insanity..

Use straw and make vowen ring about 20 cm in diameter, maybe even
30cms. Then add thinner beams to make it a pentagram. You could make
it rather thick. I think it would be best to tie it up with red cord
or about 1 cm wide red band.
      Other choises for material might be thin willow twigs (which is
rather magical tree). Or maybe birch... or ash. Oh well, any nice tree
that has thin and pliable twigs. Or maybe it's too rough. Oh well.
      Here in Finland such woven straw rings are *very* common in people's
home's doors at Yule. Here they don't have a pentagrams in their
center, but instead some tiny pine branches, bells and some other
stuff like that on yule tree (very small stuff). The ring is usually
VERY thick, actually so thick that you couldn't make a pentagram
inside it, so I recommend a bit thinner one.

Merry Yule! (Iloista Joulua!)

--
----
-- Marko Grönroos, magi AT utu PISTE fi (http://www.utu.fi/~magi/), magi AT nic PISTE funet PISTE fi