From: Marko Gronroos <magi AT magi PISTE yok PISTE utu PISTE fi>
Newsgroups: alt.mythology.mythic-animals
Subject: Hobbits, lilliputter, lintukotolaiset
Date: 19 Nov 1996 14:54:53 +0200

I'l like to find some info about the connections between Tolkien's
hobbits and Swedish lilliputter or Finnish lintukotolaiset?
      I've understood that there was a dwarf called 'Andwar' (Bilbo?), who
went on a journey (There and Back?) to get an incredible treasure on
which was lying the awful snake Fafnis (Smaug?). The snake was killed
by Sigurd (what was the archer called in the Hobbit).
      I think these lilliputs (small dwarves) are supposed to live in "Thor's (Turia's) land" and
fight against ibises or something.

Does anyone know the full story?

--
----