Other minor changes in IRC 2.9
The IRC server version 2.9 introduces various smaller changes too
and some of those are listed here. Some major changes are introduced in
- PART comment
- The PART (aka /leave or even /join 0) command now supports comment
parameter just like /quit or /kick before.
- Combined JOIN and chop
- After net.split channel operator status and voice capability are
passed as parameter of JOIN command. The o/v mode is in the end of the
command, separated by control-g character from the channel name.
The C-g is not an allowed character in channel name string.
- Anonymous mode
- The server local channels with & prefix allow anonymous mode to be set.
When that mode is in use, noone on channel can identify who said what.
- File: ircd.tune
- While running the ircd dynamically tunes its buffers and table sizes
and stores the best values to the ircd.tune file. The file is read only
on server startup, but it is written automatically by server whenever a
change internally is done. The file may not exist and be empty; if it is
wanted to be refreshed, it should be removed totally. Server creates the
tune file on startup, if it doesn't exist.
- File: rejects
- If the rejects file configured in config.h exists, all rejected (failed)
connection attempts to the server are logged to it. The comment in the
file tries to explain why the connection was rejected. For example
connection attempts by K:lined users are logged.