Server notice channels in ircd v2.9
In IRC server version 2.8 there was usermode +s, which controlled
showing server notices to users. In server version 2.9 that usermode
has been removed, and as replacement there are multiple notice
channels. These channels start with & prefix, and normal chat isn't
possible on them.
The new channels are:
- Error messages concerning server and network.
- Informative and administrative notices from server.
- Kill messages for users, collisions.
- Channel mode desynchronation warnings.
- IRC server protocol errors between servers, misrouted replies.
- Introduction of new servers and splits of existing ones.
- Server internal hash lookup table statistics.
- Server local configuration warnings.
- Introduction of new services and quits of existing ones.