Misc Scientific Linux Packages
alpine - powerful, easy to use console email client
Alpine -- an Alternatively Licensed Program for Internet
News & Email -- is a tool for reading, sending, and managing
electronic messages. Alpine is the successor to Pine and was
developed by Computing & Communications at the University of
Though originally designed for inexperienced email users,
Alpine supports many advanced features, and an ever-growing number of
configuration and personal-preference options.
Changes and enhancements over pine:
* Released under the Apache Software License, Version 2.0.
* Internationalization built around new internal Unicode support.
* Ground-up reorganization of source code around new "pith/" core
* Ground-up reorganization of build and install procedure based on
GNU Build System's autotools.
by Fedora Release Engineering (2011-02-07):
- Rebuilt for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_15_Mass_Rebuild